Having a great smile is the first step to making the right impression, that’s because your smile can tell a story about you, it can be your reflection. If you value the health and appearance of your smile, you certainly will not allow any imperfections or flaws to get in the way, and these things are not really going to be a problem with cosmetic dentistry, because in cosmetic dentistry, specific problems concerning the appearance and the functions of your teeth can be addressed.
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch in dentistry that has gained popularity because of the way that it has been beneficial to many patients who wanted to achieve a perfect smile. Cosmetic dentistry has been very useful and beneficial when it comes to the enhancement of not only the appearance of a person’s teeth, but also the improvement or restoration of a person’s natural teeth functions like biting and chewing.
Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures are the following but are not limited to:
- If you have gaps and spaces between your teeth, or if your teeth are slightly discolored or stained, then bonding can be the recommended solution for you. In bonding, tooth colored materials are being used so that they match the natural color of your teeth.
- Contouring and reshaping. If you have overlapping teeth, or if you have chipped teeth, your dentist can have them fixed by contouring and reshaping.
- Veneers are ideal when it comes to the enhancement of the color or shade of your teeth. These are very thin plastic materials that are placed over your front teeth in order to correct certain imperfections like stained, crooked or chipped teeth.
- Cosmetic fillings. When you need to get a decayed tooth restored, tooth colored filling materials are now available for use so that they become barely noticeable
- Teeth whitening. This is one of the most commonly performed procedure because it can deliver fast and visible results in a matter of a single dental visit
- Porcelain crowns. Porcelain crowns are ideal when it comes to masking heavily damaged teeth
- Dental implants. Implants are an effective option to replace a missing tooth. A metal post is being attached to the jawbone so that it acts like a permanent root of the tooth. And then a crown is used to serve as the artificial tooth. Implants are more convenient than dentures because they are fixed and they do not have to be removed when brushing.
- If you had a tooth extracted and it left a gap between your teeth, then bridges can be a good solution for you. Bridges are primarily used to close a gap or spaces between teeth.
- Specialty dentures. These lightweight can be partial or complete dentures and are designed to match the look as well as the fit of your natural teeth in your mouth
- Ridge augmentation. If you have dents found in your gum line then these can be addressed by ridge augmentation
- Grafts are typically being performed in order to provide treatment to gum diseases. Tissues from the other areas in your mouth are being taken and are being used to cover the exposed or the visible roots that were damaged due to the gum infections
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
- Cosmetic dentistry can fix and address several flaws when it comes to the appearance of your smile.
- Cosmetic treatments have the power to make you look younger.
- Cosmetic dentistry can help you enhance your career because you will be able to feel more confident about your smile. And when you feel good about yourself, you are more likely going to be more productive.
- Cosmetic dentistry can help you save your teeth from further damage and decay because it addresses certain problems that do no not only affect the appearance but also the function of your teeth
- Cosmetic dentistry procedures are not difficult to get and find.
- Cosmetic treatments can produce long lasting effects especially when you stick to your oral hygiene and when you know how to properly provide care for them.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, you can call RA Dental Studio at (770) 203-0286,or visit us at 2513 Shallowford Rd. BLDG 100, Marietta GA, 30066