Maintenance, care and any concerns regarding our oral health are usually being addressed by our general dentists. A general dentist is oriented towards prevention of disease. By giving a significance on oral health, general dentists help many people avoid the progression of many oral diseases. If these diseases are untreated, they will actually result in pain and unnecessary costs and expenses.
In RA Dental Studio, our general dentists can take care of your and your family’s overall health. Your general dentist is the one who diagnoses, treats and the one who provides overall care for your oral health needs. More of his services are preventative which means he helps you prevent possible oral health problems like tooth decay, gum and periodontal diseases.
General dentists provide a wide array of services like the following:
- Preventive services –General dentists stops the disease before it infects your mouth by helping you maintain good oral health. He does professional teeth cleaning for you and regular exams. He can also give you detailed instructions on how you can continue and improve your oral hygiene at home. If you also are engaged in sports or lead an active lifestyle, your dentist may recommend the use of mouth guard for you.
- Restorative services – your general dentist will also be able to give you timely and appropriate treatment when a problem is found. One of the most common dental restorative procedure performed by your dentist is placing a filling in the affected tooth after a tooth decay is removed. He can also diagnose and treat the cause of gum or periodontal disease, and offer treatments for missing teeth, place crowns, or bridgework and help you get fitted with dentures. Some general dentists also provide advanced and complex treatments such as root canal therapies, orthodontics and dental implants.
- Cosmetic procedures – Many general dentists can help you achieve the smile you have always wanted through cosmetic dentistry procedures including teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding and veneers.
- Overall health concerns – General dentist help identify your oral health problems that could possibly be associated with your overall health. There are untreated oral health problems that lead to more serious medical conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and complications during pregnancy. They can offer appropriate treatment or referral when needed.
It is imperative to understand how important it is to have a regular dental visit with your dentist.
Here are the reasons why:
- Regular visits are important because they help to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Dental visits allow you to have checkups and professional cleaning
- Your dentist will be able to determine if there is any trouble or condition that needs to be addressed
- During the cleaning, your dental professional will remove plaque and tartar buildup that you cannot easily remove with brushing and flossing
Prevention is always the best cure for any problem caused by poor oral hygiene. High quality hygiene starts and ends with maintaining a good quality regime and that means incorporating your regular dental visits to your daily habit of brushing twice a day and flossing. If you take good care of your teeth, you will look better with a healthier and brighter smile. More importantly, you will be able to keep your natural teeth longer because you will be able to avoid tooth decay, periodontal disease, gum and other mouth diseases. The oral health issues can lead to even bigger problems like diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, malnutrition and pregnancy related issues.
One bad tooth can start a domino effect in your mouth. If it is left untreated, it will result to infection and worse, loss of tooth. Though there may be a lot of restorative procedures that can help you fix this, it is always better to be preventive now. Not only will it help you keep your natural teeth longer, it will also help you save unnecessary costs that come along with the treatments required when you take your teeth for granted. It will not take so much of your time to make your preventative dental trips to your general dentist at least twice a year, ideally. What will take more time and more expenses would be taking your oral health for granted and waiting until it is too late.
Contact RA Dental Studio for top dentist, Conveniently Located Near Lassiter High School, 2513 Shallowford Rd. BLDG 100, Marietta GA, 30066