If you are looking for the most effective way to brighten your smile, professional teeth whitening would be the best solution for you.
When it comes to the improvement of your teeth’s appearance, there is nothing like the care and expertise that your dentist can provide which is why when talking about teeth whitening, the most recommended procedure is the in-office teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is a process by which the natural color of teeth is being lightened with the use of bleaching or whitening agents without having to remove any of your tooth’s surface or enamel. Among all of the teeth whitening options, professional teeth whitening is the most recommended option because of the way that it delivers fast and visible results.
There are a couple of reasons behind teeth discoloration, but some of them are listed below:
- Cigarette or tobacco smoking
- Drinking beverages that are dark in color such as wine, soda, tea and coffee
- Poor oral hygiene
The types of stains are classified into two and these are:
- Extrinsic stains. These are the stains that are found on the surfaces of your teeth and are caused by drinking and eating dark colored beverages and foods, as well as habits like cigarette and tobacco smoking. These are the types of stains that can just be easily removed by brushing and dental cleaning. However there are also some stubborn stains that can only be removed by bleaching and if these are not addressed right away, they can penetrate into your teeth and might become more permanent.
- Intrinsic stains. These stains or this type of discoloration is not because of external factors like food and beverages, but are caused by other things like trauma, aging, and too much exposure to certain substances like tetracycline, as well as too much ingestion of fluoride. Intrinsic stains are still possible to be addressed by means of cosmetic dentistry and professional teeth whitening systems.
What are the most common teeth whitening methods?
- In office teeth whitening
In office teeth whitening or professional teeth whitening is performed in a dental office. This is the method that is highly recommended because this is effective when it comes to producing fastest and visible results. In this method, the dentist uses stronger whitening or bleaching agents to make the procedure effective. Your dentist makes sure that your teeth and gums are protected from these substances in order to make sure that you will not feel any sensitivity after the procedure. By having professional teeth whitening, your teeth can be 10times whiter in just a matter of one hour.
Teeth sensitivity can arise from teeth whitening but when it is performed by your dentist, he will be able to handle these issues in such a way that these cases can be reduced. And if you properly take good care of your oral health, the effects of this procedure can be last longer.
- Over the counter teeth whitening systems
Teeth whitening products that can be bought over the counter are becoming popular and widely used because these are relatively cheaper and are easy to apply. These products can be used purchased without your dentist’s supervision and some of these products include whitening toothpastes, whitening gels, mouth rinse, whitening gums and many others. If you are not sure about which products are safe to buy, you may always consult your dentist.
To ensure long lasting effects of the treatment, here are some tips that you can follow:
- Brush and floss regularly to ensure thorough cleaning. This will help keep your teeth shiny looking and clean even for the succeeding weeks and months after the whitening treatment.
- Be patient with the results of the treatment because you will continue to notice your teeth getting whiter even after the procedure.
- Instead of drinking straight from a glass, drink beverages using a straw so that you can avoid having these fluids from getting in contact with the surfaces of your teeth
- Use the provided home teeth whitening kits provided by your dentist so that you can maintain your white smile when you are home.
For more information on teeth whitening, you can call RA Dental Studio at (770) 203-0286,or visit us at 2513 Shallowford Rd. BLDG 100, Marietta GA, 30066