Teeth discoloration is a common problem which many people experience and want to get rid of. The goal of teeth whitening is to provide patients with a bright, stain-free smile because, why not? It has been one of the most desired ideas regarding dental health and teeth appearance. Since the dental procedure had been introduced, many people had tried and took the risk. And the result? Whiter and brighter smile, plus more confidence!
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental service that lightens the color of the teeth by removing stubborn stains. Here at RA Dental Studio, our dental team is ready to reverse the effects of teeth-staining agents with our modern day in-office teeth whitening services. We aim to let our patients enjoy a luminous smile and a youthful appearance.
But take note, whiter teeth only start after the teeth whitening procedure and when the patient goes out of the dental office. It is up to them on how they’ll maintain their improved smile. The dentist is always there to guide you, but it is still necessary to know the do’s and don’ts to keep the teeth white, healthy, and stain-free at all times.
What to Avoid
- Do not smoke or use tobacco for at least 12 hours after the procedure. It is even better to avoid it entirely for best results. Cigarettes contain tar and nicotine which are known to cause stubborn stains, and that two are to be strictly avoided.
- Avoid drinking coffee, soda, tea, red wine, or colored juices for these beverages can stain the teeth. The color of drinks matter; deeply-colored drinks could mean tooth stains. If it can’t be avoided, make sure to rinse the mouth with water. But still, water is the best drink during the first 24 hours after a teeth whitening treatment.
- Lipstick. Believe it or not, lipgloss or lipstick is a known cause of tooth stain because of its semi-permanent color.
- If you are a fan of DIY hacks and home remedies, stop it for a while, let’s say for a month. However, if you want to continue using it, be mindful and very cautious of its after effects on your teeth. It may weaken and over-whiten the teeth if used continuously.
- Aside from the popular stain-causing beverages, you might want to avoid foods such as dark-colored berries, pomegranates, barbecue sauce, sugary treats, marinara, curry, paprika, turmeric, and balsamic vinegar as well. These foods contribute to extrinsic stains.
- Make sure to rinse, brush or floss your mouth after eating or after every meal to ensure that the teeth and mouth are free from food particles and bacteria that may cause decay and tooth stains.
- When drinking beverages, it is best to use a straw. The method prevents direct contact of the liquids to the teeth which can minimize staining.
- Want to avoid tooth-sensitivity? Unfortunately, you cannot. Sensitivity after the treatment is normal, but it usually only lasts for up to two days. Just brush the teeth until sensitivity fades. If the teeth have any cracks, chips, or other issues, it is suggested to address these issues beforehand.
- Consume white foods for the first few days after the procedure such as cheese cubes, rice pudding, vanilla ice cream, yogurt, milk, and other teeth-friendly meals. You may also consider adding some fruits and vegetables into your diet plan that can whiten your teeth naturally.
The least one can do is to follow the guide to avoid complications and unwanted outcomes. The do’s and don’ts are just a guide to maintain whiter and more brilliant teeth. Make sure not to skip your regular dental visit to monitor overall dental health and pair it with proper oral hygiene for maximum results.
Level up your smile! For your Teeth Whitening Service in Marietta, GA, contact RA Dental Studio. We are happy to be of service to you!